Persuasive Essay Topics Over Sportsmans Warehouse
Students are used to the fact that their professors give them the assignment’s topic. It minimizes the efforts they spend on the homework tasks as choosing the relevant, interesting persuasive essay topics all alone may be a time-consuming task based on the in-depth research. Many students think it is a waste of time. In fact, they should perceive the ability to select the topic as a wonderful opportunity rather than another academic nightmare. No matter how good persuasive speech topics given by the teacher are, the student is not able to reject them in case he/she does not know much about the problem. If you can pick the issue on your own, it is possible to come up with the problem of interest!
GRAB IMMEDIATE HOMEWORK HELP
What about taking some time to learn how to pick good persuasive essay topics for high school? This article provides 100 excellent, interesting persuasive essay topics, but you can support the final choice with a reliable, 100% satisfactory academic writing help from the top preferred writers!
Difference between Good Persuasive Speech Topics and Argumentative Topics
Do not hurry to jump over to the list of 101 good persuasive speech topics without reading the basics. A student is free to compose a paper on any topic in the world, which related to the field of studies. That is wonderful! What is the student understand the subject and has no idea of what an argumentative/ debatable/persuasive writing means? The obvious step to take is to find what the term means.
Students use to confuse the two terms, great argumentative writing ideas and interesting persuasive essay topics because these two genres of academic assignment have a lot of nuances in common. It does not matter if the writer finds a list of interesting persuasive essay topics and then prepares an argumentative essay on one of those ideas. The approach to writing should be different. Learn more by attending the academic service’s blog full of useful, time-tested tips on writing.
An argumentative paper is a part of the persuasion. It has to state the main point, thesis statement, and defend it throughout the paper while an essay on the good persuasive speech topics must prove the truth of the author to the target audience. The reader should take the author’s side by the end of the reading. That is why choosing only interesting persuasive essay topics is critical.
100 Interesting Persuasive Essay Topics to Cover
It is time to have a look at the 100 interesting persuasive essay topics shared by the top writers from different parts of the world! Do not forget to develop an efficient outline to succeed!
GET PERSUASIVE ESSAY FROM EXPERT
Persuasive Essay Topics for Elementary Students
- Monkeys would make excellent pets
- Having siblings or being alone in the family?
- Will waking up and seeing the dinosaur next to you push you to give the creature away to the zoo?
- The most effective superpower to possess is the ability to fly
- The most gorgeous seasons of the year is summer/winter
- Should a scientist who discovered an invisibility potion share it with other people?
- A ticket seller at the football stadium is the most boring job in the world
- Parents must allow their kids to paint on their walls to personalize the bedroom and show their individualities Making friends with everyone around will do a good favor in the future
- Carrying a brand new iPhone everywhere does not create our image; it points to how much money our parents earn
Good Persuasive Essay Topics for High School Children
- The death penalty is an effective way to scare off the criminals
- Every person is free to change his/her name without any obstacles at any life stage
- The moral obligations of the nation’s leaders, including presidents and bosses of huge companies
- Rich people must be forced to pay higher taxes to support the financial balance
- What is the effective way to avert the potential mass shootings at the US high schools?
- Are fashion and one’s personal preferences important?
- Is there anything older generation can learn from the modern youth?
- Censorship plays the most significant role in the digital world
- They should lower the voting age to get more accurate results
- National security is more important than privacy
Persuasive Essay Topics on Education to Support the Academic Improvements
- Studying the nature of videos/computer games & mobile apps may be beneficial for the IT students
- The existing means of high school discipline are not effective enough to control groups of teens
- The standardized evaluation is not a precise measure of student learning progress and personal development
- The children in provisional living conditions with a 4.0 GPA must earn a free university education
- Is it ethical to place physically or mentally disabled children in the separate school classes?
- Which type of preventive measure could stop the high school bullying?
- Are video games capable of stimulating teenagers to use a weapon in the educational institutions?
- Students performance during the physical education lessons in gym affects their great point average
- The teachers should wear a special uniform like the professionals from other fields associated with public services
- Less successful students should not be forced to retake the course until they obtain a passing grade
Science Persuasive Essay Topics: Breakthrough in Technologies and More
- The US Environmental Protection Agency does not use its full capacity to make the environment better
- The era described in the “Blade Runner” movie is coming closer to each new day and robot created
- The alternative source of energy may replace the fossil fuels
- The human activity has nothing to do with the progress of global warming
- Modern planes do not fall without a good scientific reason: most of the catastrophes are the outcomes of terrorism
- People are guilty of the extinction of many rare species of animals & plants
- The genetically modified food is not safe
- Should there be a restriction on the number of children in every US family like they have in China?
- Is it ethical to clone animals?
- Is marijuana good for curing various mental disorders?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Animals & Plants
- Hunting is not ethical in any life situation
- Zoos are not helpful in wildlife conservation
- London Zoo is the largest zoo in the world offering its animals the luxury conditions
- People cannot keep rare, exotic animals at home turning them into their pets
- Is it fine to create mixed hybrids through breeding homeless dogs and cats?
- Rewards. Vs. Punishment: which is a better measure to train and control pet’s behavior?
- Vegetarianism does not help the animal world the way some people think
- Killing animals to get their fur for the fashion industry is immoral & unethical
- Poaching negatively affects the economy, so the responsible faces should do something to improve the situation
- What led to the extinction of the great mammals like mammoths & wooly rhinoceros?
Persuasive Essay Topics about Music & Artists
- Pirating music in the digital age is the serious threat to the entire country’s economy
- Great Britain does not dominate the music world since the 90s and the breakup/separation of “The Beatles.”
- The grunge music and gothic rock/post-punk music have fewer differences than they have similarities
- Music can be a part of the perfect rehabilitation procedure in the local prisons
- The cost of music, app, game, & video downloads on App Store is very high
- Various significances in songs make people react to the music tracks in different ways
- Chinese music is an original art form, which has not developed significantly since Ling Lun’s foundation of 60 bells
- Vietnam War epoch music inspired further discussions on the innovative & revolutionary approaches to thinking
- Music is the top recommended therapy for the cure of mental illnesses
- Technology has a positive impact on music as there is no need to have humans to create a band and deliver music to public
Sports Persuasive Essay Topics Students & Young Athletes Will Enjoy
- Animal sports like horse racing are not ethical or moral
- There is no way to include tobacco and alcohol beverages advertising during the translated sports events
- The sportsmen should not drink alcohol by any means
- It is not safe to take part in the extreme activities for entertainment
- The Government of Spain must forbid the bullfighting across the country even though it is the face of the national sports
- In swimming and dancing, women perform better than most of the men
- The best coaches in the world are under the equal threat of losing their self-control
- Women team players cannot take part in the mixed-gender sports games
- The inborn talents of the athletes matter more than the skills & experience of their trainers
- Coaches should punish the sportsmen for taking steroids severer than they do now
Complicated Ideas for Debates
- The oil companies are supposed to be more responsible concerning the oil spills
- Human behavior a result of nature
- Sex education classes would make sense to the younger teenagers
- The modern US legal system exploits the minorities despite the constitution and existing laws
- The gun control legislation has much more disadvantages than advantages
- There is no need to van modern television or some of the shows – Interne is a worse threat to society
- Do famous people make a mockery of the right to privacy?
- Should the legal drinking/smoking/driving/voting age of the person be brought down to 18 in the United States?
- Are open borders possible in the foreseeable future?
- Europeans would lose the World War II without the American intervention and on-time help
Moral Issues to Cover in Persuasive Speech & Debates
- Animal testing is necessary for the human kind, so it should not come
- Hospital patients possess a right to die through the physician-assisted suicide
- Physician-assisted suicide is not illegal and can be implemented in the corresponding situations
- They should ban children’s beauty pageants to make the world better
- The US customers must stop purchasing goods from countries that exploit child labor
- Atheists are not less moral than theists
- Should young adolescents be allowed to make cosmetic surgery?
- Should people start selling beer to college students?
- Is a camera in public place an invasion of privacy?
- Dreamers must obtain permission to stay in the US
- Both educational institutions & businesses should provide more incentives to do volunteer work
Mixed Argumentative Ideas to Use in School/College Essay
- Atheists & religious people must exercise tolerance with each other
- Discussing the major problems associated with Iraq & Afghanistan continuously evokes irritation and aggression
- Was the “sex, drugs, and rock’n’roll” epoch significant in the history of art, or not?
- Whose side do you support: vegetarians or meat eaters?
- Should the maniacs who kill people without reason be sentenced to death?
- Free bagels with sour cream motivate the student to study as they stimulate the brain activity
- Unpopular opinion: The Black Square by Kazimir Malevich has nothing special about it
- Talking about cheating is embarrassing while discussing various sex issues is fine
- The art for masses has nothing to do with the masterpieces created by the elite community
- Modern women look worse than women of 80s when they were not too thin and looked more natural
Interesting is not a single word the student must think about. The chosen issue has to be essential and informative, meaning the writer should check whether there is enough information available on the web/in the college library.
Once the student understands it, he/she can move to the process of selecting the topic. There is no need to collect the possible ideas independently – meet out the list of the cool persuasive topics shared by the most successful students and their teachers around the world!
Have to write an argumentative essay? Are you nervous about it? If your answer to both questions is “YES”, then you came to the right place. Sure, writing an essay is always a source of concern for many students, but it doesn’t have to be like that. With a practical guide, you can master the art of writing an argumentative essay before you know it. Here’s how.
The main idea behind argumentative essay is to defend a debatable position on a specific issue with the goal to persuade readers to accept your argument. As a writer, your goal is to choose a side and declare whether you agree or disagree with something. The argument has to be supported by valid and reliable evidence.
The point of this paper is to demonstrate knowledge of the subject and the ability to start, develop, and finalize an argument without losing reader’s attention. The argumentative essay provides a deeper insight into a certain topic, scratches below the surface to highlight some important ideas.
Benefits of writing an argumentative essay
No, your professor doesn’t assign argumentative essay just because he (or she) feels like it. Once you graduate you will realize that every single assignment in school and college had its own purpose. The idea is to help students develop certain skills through work on the task at hand. Skills that you develop with argumentative essays include:
- Anticipating objections – this paper isn’t just about proving you’re right, it also requires addressing opposing views (see below). The writing process entails outlining alternative perspectives and answering questions that reader may have. This allows you to master the art of anticipating objections to understand both sides of the issue. You’ll rely on this skill in your personal and professional life
- Critical thinking – as you analyze the evidence, arguments, and claims you gradually develop and strengthen critical thinking skills. These skills allow you to understand potential weaknesses in your own arguments and assess any subject or idea in an unbiased manner
- Writing skills – it’s simple; practice makes perfection. The more you write, the better your essay writing skills will be. This is one of the most important reasons why professors assign essays
- Logic and rhetoric – argumentative essay helps you master the basic rules of logic such as learning to avoid emotional appeals, writing clear statements rather than generalizations. You’ll also enhance rhetoric skills by emphasizing the importance of the subject and potential outcomes
- Research skills – the secret behind high-quality essays is in thorough research. You’ll need great research skills throughout your academic life, even when you get a job later on
Areas of interest
The beauty of the argumentative essay is that you can write about anything you want including:
- Law and other legal topics
- Advertising and media
Argumentative essay outline
The process of writing an argumentative essay can be very simple when you follow a well-structured outline. Below, you can see how your paper should look like:
- Introduction – first contact between a reader and your essay. This is your chance to make a great first impression, keep reader eager to see how you developed the argument. An introductory paragraph consists of:
- Hook – first sentence or two; catches reader’s attention. It can be a quote, question, anecdote, statistics, etc.
- Background – useful background information about the subject
- Thesis statement – announces the argument you’re going to make or side of the issue that you’ll defend
- Developing the argument – are you pro or against some idea, event, policy etc? Explain why you’re right, create an engaging argument that stirs debate in a reader’s mind too. The number of paragraphs isn’t specified, it depends on claims you make:
- Claim 1 – evidence – each paragraph should start with a claim that contributes to your argument and evidence to support it
- Claim 2 – evidence
- Claim 3 – evidence
- Debunking opposing views – you want a reader to know you’re right and the best way to do so is to debunk some opposing claims in the process. After developing your argument, dedicate a body paragraph or two to opponents’ viewpoints:
- Opposing view 1– refutation – mentions common claims that contradict yours and provides evidence to show why they’re wrong
- Opposing view 2 – refutation
- Conclusion – restates the main premise or argument and summarizes key claims. Describes what could happen if your premise isn’t followed and proposes potential solutions for a certain problem (if applicable)
Now that you know more about the outline to follow when writing the argumentative essay, it’s necessary to learn more about different tips and tricks that make the process easier. Follow these useful strategies while working on your paper:
- Research the subject – this is a must; even if you think you already know everything about the subject, still do a thorough research to get more information and take notes
- Choose claims wisely – the number of claims about your argument isn’t as important as their quality. If you can’t find evidence to support some claim, then don’t include it. Remember, your goal is to convince reader your opinion is the right one and you need evidence-backed claims to do that
- Quality of evidence matters too – Wikipedia, blogs, unreliable websites aren’t really helpful. Argumentative essay is an academic paper that requires the use of reputable sources, journals, publications, books
- Write everything that comes to your mind – take a blank piece of paper (or open MS Word) and write everything that comes to your mind regarding the topic. Don’t think about typos, grammar, claims and such. When you’re done, read everything from top to bottom, eliminate things you can’t use. Then, use the rest to construct your essay
- Give credit where credit is due – to support the claims you need evidence, but don’t forget to include references. When using someone else’s thoughts or ideas to complement your own, you should always give credit where credit is due
- Be concise – don’t use random words and expressions just to reach word count limit. Always be concise and make sure that every word contributes to the meaning of sentence, paragraph, and thereby the entire essay
- Think outside the box – essays should spark a debate and they are often controversial. Feel free to explore your creativity, think outside the box, and approach the subject in a nonconventional manner
Argumentative Essay Topics
In most cases, professor or teacher is the one who assigns a specific topic that students have to discuss. That said, students get to choose their own topics from time to time.
Good Argumentative Essay Topics
Here are some topics suggestions you should consider:
- Should teenagers be required to obtain parents’ permission to use contraceptives?
- Are athletes overpaid?
- Is the use of animals for research purposes justified?
- Scientists cloned monkeys; are humans next? Is human cloning ethical?
- Should social media platforms regulate comments more thoroughly?
- Is gun control an effective method of reducing crime rates?
- Homeschooling prevents children to adopt various social skills
- Violence in the media makes children violent
- Does existence of Electoral College undermine freedom of American people to choose the leader they want?
- Are beauty pageants exploitive?
- Should prisoners be allowed to vote?
- Should college tuitions be more affordable?
- Should surgeries and medications for all diseases be free for everyone?
- Are schools and teachers responsible for low test scores and bad grades?
Legal argumentative essay topics
- At what age should girls have access to birth control without the consent of their parents?
- Do the benefits of medical marijuana justify its legality?
- Does outlawing controlled substances only create a larger black market?
- Does the US law system offer enough protection for victims of domestic abuse?
- Does Trump’s refusal to take refugees deny basic human rights to people in need?
- In what situations, if any, does a woman have a right to an abortion?
- Is the drinking age appropriate (should it be lower, higher, or stay the same)?
- Is the process of electoral vote fair?
- Online abuse – should court treat it as any other kind of abuse?
- Should cigarettes and other tobacco products be outlawed?
- Should corporations be granted personhood?
- Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Should nuclear weapons be outlawed worldwide?
- Should prostitution be legal?
- Should the United States put more restrictions on gun ownership and use?
Ethical argumentative essay topics
Here are some topic ideas:
- Are atheists less moral than theists?
- Are members of oppressed minority groups kept back by policies which encourage them to see cultures foreign to themselves as innately superior?
- Are nude photographs appropriate in museums that are open to the public?
- Are parents overexposing their children online?
- Do patients have a right to die via physician-assisted suicide?
- Do pre-employment drug tests infringe on personal privacy rights?
- Does freedom of speech give people the right to use hate speech?
- Is animal testing necessary?
- Is death penalty right or wrong?
- Is human reproductive cloning morally acceptable?
- Should children’s beauty pageants be banned?
- Should consumers buy items from countries that endorse child labor?
- Should hunting with the sole purpose to entertain be banned?
- Should schools and businesses give more incentives for people to do volunteer work?
Social argumentative essay topics
Social topics can refer to just about anything, here are some examples:
- Are tattoos acceptable at the workplace?
- At what age should citizens be allowed to vote in the United States?
- Can heterosexual men and women truly be friends with no hopes or expectations of anything more?
- Can online dating replace meeting a person in real life?
- Do prisoners deserve the right to vote?
- Excessive alcohol consumption in minors – does it stem from too much freedom and lack of parental control?
- In what case(s) could it be considered fair for a company to not hire a candidate who smokes cigarettes?
- Is education in the US failing teenagers across the nation? Too much pressure, expensive college enrollment, bullying – what can be done?
- Is there too much pressure on teenagers to go to college?
- Most prisoners released on parole return to prison within 12 months – is it the system’s failure?
- Should more rights be given to immigrants?
- Should the United States make English the official national language?
- Should there be a legal curfew for minors?
- Should women wear less revealing clothing in order to curb men’s catcalling?
- Why online dating websites should be responsible for rapes and murders committed by members who are registered sex offenders
Advertising and media argumentative essay topics
Advertising and media evolved dramatically during last few decades thus posing as an endless source of essay topics. Below, you can see some title ideas:
- Are public service announcements effective?
- Do journalists have a duty to eliminate as much bias as possible?
- Do teenagers drink and smoke because advertisements make them think it is “cool” to do so?
- Do TV shows and movies have the responsibility of being more diverse?
- How “fake news” trend changes a political and social life?
- How do reality shows impact society?
- In what situations should advertisements for alcohol and tobacco products be allowed?
- Is it acceptable for companies to advertise in schools?
- Is print advertising obsolete?
- Sex and violence on TV – how do they change us?
- Should news shows talk about celebrities?
- Should sex be allowed to be portrayed on prime-time television?
- Should warnings and side effects be made more clear in advertisements?
- Spikes in violence on TV co-occur with violence on the streets – what can be done?
- Where should networks draw the line for violence on television?
Family argumentative essay topics
Here are some ideas:
- At what age should parents talk to their children about sex?
- Do children deserve/need an allowance?
- Is a child’s room really theirs, or is it their parents’?
- Is it acceptable for women to breastfeed in public?
- Is it okay for parents to monitor teens’ internet use?
- Should all people who want to have kids undergo a psychological evaluation prior conceiving?
- Should parenting classes be compulsory?
- Should parents be able to spank their children?
- Should parents buy presents for kids to motivate them to study and do their homework?
- Should parents pay children for good grades?
- Should parents push their children to do things they don’t want?
- Should parents push their kids into extracurricular activities such as music or sports?
- Should single people be able to adopt children as easily as couples?
- Staying married for the sake of children only harms them, why?
- Why helicopter parenting never works?
- Why should all kids have certain chores on a daily basis?
Don’t have enough time to write an essay on your own? Or maybe you need help with a certain aspect of argumentative essay writing? We’ve got you covered. Here are different ways you can get help with this assignment.
Essay topic generator
There is no need to waste hours trying to come up with an interesting topic when you can use Edusson Magic Help to find a perfect title. All you have to do is to enter a keyword and press enter. Plus, you can click on the category of your interest or search by alphabet. It’s that easy!
In order to assess your strengths and weaknesses adequately, it’s always practical to read someone else’s paper. Why? As you read and observe how a writer developed the argument, you recognize both good and bad sides of their essay. Later, you transmit this knowledge to your own writing process. Edusson’s Magic Help has a number of essay examples that you can use to get motivated, learn, and practice.
Finished writing your essay? If you are the DIY type of person, then you probably want to evaluate the paper and correct mistakes on your own. RobotDon can help you with that. The cute, hard-working robot runs a detailed analysis of the paper and displays plagiarism score, sentence structure, readability, word use, and other factors that play a role in the quality of your essay.
Essay writing service
If you don’t have enough time to write an argumentative essay on your own (or you need a custom-made example), that’s not a problem. Edusson’s writers can do it for you. Just create your order, check bids, and choose ideal writer. All our writers are highly skilled, educated, and ready to write the essay based on your needs and preferences.
Essay editing service
Need someone to evaluate your paper objectively and correct your mistakes? Say no more, Edusson also gathers a team of editors and proofreaders who ensure your essay is 100% essay free. They go beyond correcting spelling and grammar errors but also focus on sentence structure, references, style, formatting, argument strength, evidence, and much more.